Sunday, June 14, 2015

MS150 - year 21 - CHECK!

Another year down! Once again I rode the MS 150 and had a great time.

The weather was gorgeous, mid 60's slight back wind, downhill the whole way:)  Plus, we had a new rider on the ride, a small deer ran next to us for about 2 blocks. It was really cool but also kind of freaky, I kept expecting the mama deer to come out to save her. But, she made it to safety,  a little freaked out but no worse for wear.

It was my biggest fundraising year - EVER!! $3,400 - woo hoo! Thank you to everyone that pledged me with $ and well wishes of an easy ride and good weather, they worked!

This year I rode for Team Target but with my BFF Angela who was riding for Donaldson so we had the best of both worlds. The Donaldson bus on the up while our bikes were safety on the Target truck. We stayed in a  hotel both nights (a 1st for me and it took a bit of getting used to the logistics)   and ate at both the tents after the race (and drank both beers:)).  I met a ton of new people and it was fun to ride with a different group. And... Target had the Tollefson food truck at their tent, HIGHLY  recommend their pork, the Tricky Ricky was to DIE FOR!!

We finished Day 1 in about 6 hours and Day 2 in about 6 1/2 hours (lingered slightly longer at the rest stops Day 2, we were tired).  No injuries or set backs. In fact, the only road bump (pun intended) was a flat tire after lunch on Day 2.  I rode into lunch and my tire was fine, when I was done, it was flat. Go Figure! But, the guys at Erics Bike shop fixed it up in under 10 minutes and we were back on the road. I felt really lucky that it happened at lunch and not on the road.

To another year of great riding, great friends and spending time outside for a great cause.

Until next year!!