Sunday, April 11, 2010

MS150 - It begins again:)

It's that time again....Weather in the 60's, my bike is out of the shop, our St Pat's day party was a success, they kids had a great Spring Break ~ all signs that its time for me to start training for the MS150!

This year the ride is a week later (a hopefully a bit warmer for our camping in Duluth) June 11-13th. The newest news on the ride is that Clay Walker (the country singer) will be riding with us. It turns out, he has MS and has formed a group called Band Against MS (BAMS). They travel the country riding in the MS rides. He's going to kick off the morning on Saturday with the National Anthem and a mass start. Should be really inspirational (and a bit scary with 3000+ people all starting at the same time). My fundraising goal stays the same: $1000. Last year, you all were incredibly generous and helped me raise my goal. This year, while I know times are tough, I am hoping that you'll set aside some extra $ for this cause.

As a reminder, I ride for my Uncle Alan and all the people living with and affected by MS. I am not alone, last year over 3,000 people biked and there were 1,000+ volunteers: everyone united in raising money to find a cure for MS and to help people lead productive lives. (Plus its just a whole bunch of fun!!)

I'll be riding with my long time friend Wendy again AND a new/old group of friends from Target. I think this will be our 16th year riding but I am getting old and starting to lose count. If you want to join us, let me know! I'll get you set up:)

If you want to donate, feel free to check out www.ms150.com - ePledge and look for my name, the ride is 6/11-6/13. Or, you can just make out a check to MS Society and I'll be sure to hand it in for you. If you don't want to donate, no worries, just send thoughts of low 60's, slightly cloudy, a backwind and downhill the whole way:)

Keep an eye out for my training/fundraising emails, feel free to pass this blog along and enjoy Spring!