Sunday, September 14, 2008

People People Everywhere!

So, I was riding home from work the other night and it occured to me. Holy sh_t! There are a LOT of people living here! I mean, I know I have lived here 2 years and I know that India is the 2nd most populated country on earth (isnt China 1st?!) and you'd like this wouldnt be a surprise... But, holy cats ... to actually see it is amazing and it continues to amaze me on a daily basis. Basically, there are now 10 million people in Bangalore. There are 10 million people in ALL of MN (if I have my numbers right). Now, Bangalore is basically the size of the 494/694 loop so...think about it, what if ALL the people in MN lived and worked within the 494/694 loop? Now, cut the power supply randomly but up to 25 times/day, add about the same # of cows, buffalo, bugs, snakes, rats and dogs. Finally, make it legal for ANY type of vehicle to travel on ANY road, including highways (bikes, motor bikes, scooters, bull carts, horse drawn carts, ricksaws, etc....). How would it feel?


Now.... Welcome to Bangalore India!

(BTW - Tom got a B+ on his 1st online college class - way to go Tom, we love you and are really really proud of you!!!)