Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Not so imaginary conversation - What language are we speaking?!

Below is a reenacted phone conversation based on real life events between our travel agent and Tom...

(As background, the screwed up our airline tickets and we are working to get them changed.)

Ring Ring...

Travel Agent: Tell me

Tom: How are the changes coming on the tickets?

Travel Agent: Can you pre-pone coming to pick up the same? Please revert.

Tom: I am not able to come pick up the tickets today. Where are you? Can you bring them out to us tomorrow?

Travel Agent: I am here only. We will do the needful.

Does ANYONE have a clue as to what's going on?

Later - we suspect they are on the way to our house with the tickets. Tom calls again to check..

Ring Ring

Travel Agent: Tell Me

Tom: Hi this is Tom Murphy, are you on the way to deliver our tickets?

Travel Agent: I am here exclusively.

Tom: When will you be to our house?

Travel Agent: 10 minutes

When do you think we'll get our tickets???


Now... in English:)

Ring Ring ...

Travel Agent: Hello, how may I help you?

Tom: How are the changes coming on the tickets?

Travel Agent: They are ready, can you pick up the tickets earlier than planned? Let me know.

Tom: I am not able to come pick up the tickets today. Where are you? Can you bring them out to us tomorrow?

Travel Agent: I am in the office, we will insure that you get your tickets as we do deliver.

Ring Ring

Travel Agent: Hello, how may I help you?

Tom: Hi this is Tom Murphy, are you on the way to deliver our tickets?

Travel Agent: Yes, we are, in fact, I am on the way.

Tom: When will you be at our house?

Travel Agent: Sometime in the next 1-2 hours, pending traffic.