Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Temp Blog

Ok, consider this a "temporarly blog" sort of like "temporary tatoo" - cool but not the real thing.

Here's the deal on why we've had so few blogs posted lately. Visitors that are staying in our computer room, the computer was down for 3 days last week AND we've been traveling with our visitors...

So... I wanted to at least get a few updates out there for all you that are thristing for Murphy news...

St Patricks day... As you know, this is our MAJOR holiday/party of the year. We are currently planning our annual St Pats Day parade/party in India for Saturday. Should be interesting, we'll post pictures on the blog next week:) We have arm bands being made, 4 meter tall shamrocks being decorated and are trying to "source" a caterer that will try to make us Corn Beef and Cabbage. If we find a keg of green beer, it'll be nirvana. True Indian experience. Wish us luck!

In terms of family updates....
Billy has started to say "I love you" and when you ask him his name, he says "Billy!". His verbal skills amaze me. He's really fun, except for the hunger strike he is currently on and the fact the very question is immediately answered with 'no':)

Kay is hysterical (as always). She is into cooking her own food now and will go into the refrig (when we aren't looking) pull out all the food and mix it together. Nice big fat mess. She also sings non stop. Currently we are still stuck on Cmas carols, (BNL Jiggle Bells to be specific) but I am hoping we find a new obsession soon.

Jimmy is LOVING school and has developed this habit of speaking in an Indian accent with Indian people and a regular (i.e. Minnesotan) accent with everyone else. He is their "ace" dancer and will be an Arab dancer in their annual program, they are even asking him to "play" guitar in his dance sequence. I have visions of Napolean Dynamite....

Tom is getting WAY involved in the charity committee here (through the Overseas Women's Club) so I'm glad that we aren't just living and working in India but actually giving something back. There is so much need here. Its truly mind blowing....

We are in the midst of visitors. My parents were here for 3 weeks and now Tom's parents are here for 3 weeks. We get a 2 weeks "off" and then my aunt comes for 3 weeks and I just found out my sister is coming for 3 weeks in May... Its fun but hard to balance work and home when you really want to be home with your family.

The 1st week of March we had our family adventure to Delhi/Agra and the Taj Mahal. We had a great but busy time. It was truly a once in a lifetime to have both sets of parents at the Taj Mahal together with our kids. Amazing! I feel so lucky that Mom and Dad and the Murphys are healthy and adventurous, that they get along and that, that the kids are (relatively) good travelers and that we got to have such an amazing life experience with our parents and our kids. We really feel blessed. Be on the look out for some good blogs on the experience:) Jimmy's comment on the Taj was "I'm never coming back here". He was much more impressed with the game room at the hotel. I am not sure why we bother taking him anywhere. He's just 5 I guess. My Mom's comment was "This was the best experience of my life". That about sums up that trip!

Love to you all and I PROMISE TONS of blogs are coming in the next week....!