Sunday, August 07, 2022

80,80,54,50,48

 

last year Tom's family (ie: siblings and dad) went to Florida - they had a blast.  This year, we wanted to celebrate my parents turning 80 and Tammy turning 50.  Orginally it was a girls only trip to Costa Rica to stay with Julie but... the glamorous life of Solomon McC forced us to reconsider.  We decided on a "just us" vacation to Glen Arbor and our parents cottage. It was unbelievable. Fun, active, relaxing, funny, touching...it was so nice to just be without having to be "mom" with 3 kids and all the cousins.  I DID miss Tom and the dogs but we made the most of every minute. It doesn't hurt that their cottage and that area is my favorite place in the whole world. We all felt so blessed and lucky. We did everything. Walked, hiked, biked, paddle boarded, golfed, shopped, ate, read books, drank wine, watched funny TV, watched old videos of the kids when they were babies (Ced was hysterical, he kept falling asleep in his food).  It was really a magical time, in a magical place with the people who loved me 1st and whom I've love longest in this world.  Everyone should do this trip. Now. Magic.  


GEtting ready for a nap

Hiking the dunes to Lake Michigan

Skipping stones

Cairns on the hike 

Pure bliss 

Family selfie

Biking

5 some 9 hole scramble, Mom, Tammy and I won

Julie learning to use her new skateboard

Sunsets!

Golf

Matchy Matchy

Dune hike

I even got a walk in at the cemetery! My favorite!

Kissing the moose at Michigans oldest bar

More sunsets

Getting picked up from the airport for a quick road trip up

My fit of strength for the day, pulling the boat out of the water

Michigans most dangerous intersection - also don't forget to look for deer 

Dog walk in Grand Haven on my way home 

Big Glen at sunset post an ice cream run 

The girls

Hike on Lake Michigan 

Paddle board yoga - no that's not me 

Not a soul in sight 



Biked around Big Glen, its SUPER hilly and its the 2nd time this summer that Mom has done it!! 

You are here... 

Biking!!