Monday, September 27, 2021

The never ending birthday celebration AND ... Hopkins Homecoming

 

The last week was non stop birthday celebrations for Tom. AND...he deserved every minute of love and attention that he got!  Dinner out, Bonfire, Guys Weekend, Family Dinner, Vikings win, VMI win, Packers win ... all in all the perfect weekend to celebrate Tom. 

Tom is our main caregiver, cheerleader, supporter, chef and household CEO.  He's retired his chauffeur duties now that all the kids have their license but...I still prefer to have him drive when we go place (so he's my own personal Uber too). He is loved by the kids at school (and neighbor kids). The 1st one to offer help/meals when someone is struggling. He's my social director (and probably social director for 1/2 the neighborhood) and my own personal handy man. I am not sure how he does it all but I'm so grateful that he does! He also keeps me sane and is the most amazing partner in life. My best friend too. I could literally go on and on. I love you Tom!!  The kids adore you.  Maui idolizes you. The world needs you. XOXOX - T.

On top of all this love....It was also Hopkins Home Coming and due to COVID and new rules about students from out of district, it meant that Billy hosted homecoming with Tyra at our house. It was very sweet (& also their 3 month anniversary). He definitely had a vision and I hope I executed it well ;)

Figured we'd do a picture heavy blog to show just how fun the week was....


Kay went all out on Tom's gift, shopping is her superpower. All his gifts from her were perfect.

They both love Cabelas

Maui needed a bit of extra love 

The happy couple 

One of the last nights we could bike to a restaurant and eat outside. Revival. SO yummy, gorgeous sky too. 

Tom's high school friends also planned a guys cabin night out. Tom cooked (of course) jerk chicken red beans and rice and apple fennel salad. They ate too much, told stories and laughed till they passed out. 

SO...yummy

I was experimenting with photo shop 

The "fancy" plates 

Slow dance play list 

Dinner, candles, dessert = romance 

Billy and I even made her corsage (not sure it stayed in one piece but we tried) 

Too cute. 

Tom liked Billy's present too;)

Getting ready for the big night....(homecoming, not Tom's birthday)