Sunday, June 09, 2019

MS150!! 25 years and rolling!

This was a big year for me. It was the 25th year I rode the MS 150 and it happened while I was 50. So, I have biked this ride for 1/2 my life! Thats crazy! I've biked longer than I've been married to Tom.  In fact, its (almost) the biggest commitment I've ever made (outside of working at Target for 26 years). Crazy.

This year was a perfect ride. Good friends, new friends, traditions, new traditions... The weather was ok.  Saturday got to be hot and very windy by the end of the ride but we were on the gorgeous Munger Trail so we were in the shade and blocked from most of the wind. Sunday was cool (but humid) and the wind slowly became tail wind. We even managed to miss the rain, finishing before it started.

The core team was Wendy (27 years), Ned (23 years) and Kim (2 years). We met and adopted Zach as it was his 1st year. We also met Miranda, who is a friend of a friend and she was our camping neighbor.

Once again the Target team out did themselves! The food was yummy and the beer even better. Jim (the guy that hauls all our stuff and takes good care of our bikes) is worthy of 5 star rating. He's friendly, helpful and takes SUCH good care of us!

I did my 2 back bends of the year (I always do a back bend on Day 1 and Day 2 lunch) - its a great stretch plus I just want to see if I can still do it....I can!

My fundraising is ALMOST there. I suspect I'll get a few more pledges and be just fine. My goal was $4,800 (25 people to donate $150 and 50 people to donate $23 - the number of years ago that Uncle Alan died.  Right now I'm just over $4,600 so... fingers crossed !!

But, rather than telling you...I'll show you!!

The bus ride up includes a beer tasting of the new "hot" beers.

Day 1 DONE! Thats the sign that I wore on the my back the whole ride, I wanted people to ask me why I was riding!

Trying to stay cool before the last leg on the 1st day

My name is on the top fundraiser list! I'm a VIP!

All the top fundraisers

All the top fundraising teams, yep ...Target is in there!

Matt rode this year after a few years break. It was fun to catch up with him.

New tradition - lavender face masks - they felt like heaven!  With new friend Miranda

End of the ride! We did it!  Ned, Zach, Me, Wendy, Kim.

Jim the truck guy - he's the best!



Can you tell who was a sponsor?

Doing yoga to stretch out and leaning on each other so we dont fall over

Silly post lunch Day 2 photo by the silo (traditional shot)

My back bend!!

Friday night cold walk on the shore in Duluth. Love it there!

Sunset Day 2 in tent city